Sunday 7 January 2007

Pissed off? Start a blog...


Although I first started blogging for fun, the idea of blog-as-blackmail hit me when I tried to return a moth-holed (yes, really) pair of suit trousers to a well-known mens' outfitters.
Because customer services couldn't be bothered to call me back, I ended up referring the matter to their press office and offering to write the whole episode up for the press.

Because the name of the company rhymed with 'moth' the press office took this threat seriously; it was a runner. I got a new suit and vouchers for other stuff too. Within minutes. And I got to talk to Richard Adams, author of Watership Down; he once worked for the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Foods as their moth expert.

So,I was delighted to a Lifehacker article linking to Consumerist's 'how to fight companies online and win'. Do this. It works. You can set up a blog in minutes, using Blogger or a variety of online blogging services. Paul Stamatiou's article is a useful place to start.

0 Comments: